From: William B. Lurie on
Comment about Gadwin: works just FINE for me. Only
problem is making it put shots where you want them.

From: LVTravel on

"XP user" <XP user(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i
> capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time
> on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not
> work very well for me.
>

> TIA

I use a program called Screen Hunter from www.wisdom-soft.com which is a
free to use program (I don't use the paid for version from them.) It can
have it's "hot key" set to just about any key combination to activate the
screen capture. The screen capture can be set to either the entire screen,
the current window or to an area that you chose with a mouse. It can be
saved to either the clipboard or as an image file (or both.)

From: sandy58 on
On Apr 18, 5:26 pm, XP user <XP u...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not
> work very well for me.
>
> TIA

SnagIt. You get what you see and more. It does "scroll" work too. One
click on "PrintScreen" & do your thing. I have it on start-up & it
uses 1,936k mem usage.
From: glee on
"XP user" <XP user(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i
> capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the
> time on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck
> as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does
> not
> work very well for me.

Snag-It is good, but not free....the same company (TechSmith) makes a
free tool that does what you need, called Jing:
http://www.jingproject.com/features/

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+