From: RdS on
hi,

I am trying to prevent the progress bar and any windows from popping up when
performing:
set shl = createobject("Shell.Applicatioin")
shl.namespace(dest).copyhere shl.namespace(src).items
do until shl.namespace(dest).items.count = shl.namespace(src).items.count
wscript.sleep 100
loop

according to msdn I should be able to use options:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787866.aspx

I have tried changing above line to the below but it doesn't work.
shl.namespace(dest).copyhere shl.namespace(src).items, &H4

any help appreciated.

thanks.

From: WenYuan Wang [MSFT] on
Hello RdS,

I understood prevent the progress bar and any windows from popping up when
copying files to compress (zipped) folder. If I misunderstood anything
here, please correct me.

We need to perform more research on this issue . We will reply here as soon
as possible. If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post
here.

Thanks for your understanding!
Best regards,

Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support

From: mr_unreliable on
RdS wrote:
> according to msdn I should be able to use options:
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787866.aspx
>
> I have tried changing above line to the below but it doesn't work.
> shl.namespace(dest).copyhere shl.namespace(src).items, &H4

hi RdS,

Works for me (see attached script).

cheers, jw

You got questions? WE GOT ANSWERS!!! ..(but,
no guarantee the answers will be applicable to the questions)

From: mayayana on
You appear to be on Vista. I wonder if that might
affect it. Shell.Application seems to be put together
rather haphazardly, with a lot of functions that are
different on different systems. For instance, I have a
Win98-era MSDN that lists aspects of Shell that didn't
work in Win98. The BrowseForFolder function also
varies by OS.

From: RdS on
thanks for reply, but I don't see your attachment.