From: lbps on
I have a colum with full names ie John but I only want the first initital -
is there anyway to cut and paste or whatever so I only get the first letter
from each name ??
So John becomes J and so on

thanks

--
lbps
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

=LEFT(B7,1)

Change the B7 to the cell whose contents you wish to truncate.

Copy and paste as required.

Thanks.

From: ozgrid.com on
=LEFT(A1) and copy paste special values.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley