From: John Keith on
I had a strange experience with an excel file on a 2007 sharepoint
today. Selected the file to open and got a message that the file was
corrupted. OK, annoying, but the library is set to maintain a revision
history so I checked the n-1 file in the history, it was OK so I
choose to restore that file. But after doing so this file was also
corrupt. This file has been in continuous use on this sharepoint for a
couple of years (the revision number was 603) without any issues. Any
ideas on what might be going on?

John Keith
kd0gd(a)juno.com
From: rsandoval on
On Mar 15, 6:35 pm, John Keith <kd...(a)juno.com> wrote:
> I had a strange experience with an excel file on a 2007 sharepoint
> today. Selected the file to open and got a message that the file was
> corrupted. OK, annoying, but the library is set to maintain a revision
> history so I checked the n-1 file in the history, it was OK so I
> choose to restore that file. But after doing so this file was also
> corrupt. This file has been in continuous use on this sharepoint for a
> couple of years (the revision number was 603) without any issues. Any
> ideas on what might be going on?
>
> John Keith
> kd...(a)juno.com

John,
Did you ever get a resolution to this issue. Being that your version
history was 'On' I am curious of this outcome.
From: John Keith on
I was not able to resolve the issue.

We simply went to the n-2 version and made updates from there and so
far we have not seen a reoccurrence of the problem.

Thank you for your interest.