From: wildcatden on
How does one fix this error?

Setup:

Both me and another admin are Domain Admins, yada, yada.

We have some custom scripts that call IISVBS.

They work for me.

He gets:

"could not create an instance of the IISScriptHelper object"

From: wildcatden on
On Sep 7, 1:45 am, David Wang <w3.4...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 6, 5:42 pm, wildcat...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>
> > How does one fix this error?
>
> > Setup:
>
> > Both me and another admin are Domain Admins, yada, yada.
>
> > We have some custom scripts that call IISVBS.
>
> > They work for me.
>
> > He gets:
>
> > "could not create an instance of the IISScriptHelper object"

Well, I have finally had time to come back and look at this.

> This sounds like whacky configuration issue with your domain.
>
> Some thoughts:
> 1. Personal security software could arbitrarily choose to deny one
> person access to script/components while allowing access.
> 2. If the server is running Windows 64bit, it is possible for the
> component to be registered for only 32bit or 64bit. If you
> subsequently launch the script from a 32bit or 64bit command shell,
> you can get different behavior.
> 3. If the NTFS ACLs on the IISScriptHelper object denies access to the
> other admin but allows access to you, you can get different behavior.
>
> //Davidhttp://w3-4u.blogspot.comhttp://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
> //

Server is Windows 2003 X86.
I checked the ACL's and there are no denies and System and
Administrators are Full Control on scrobj.dll
Disabled Symantec AV and attempted to run...same error.

Again, works under my Domain Admin but not his. We even deleted his
domain admin account and created another..no luck.

Only works under my Domain Admin Account???