From: Lutz Rahe on
Hi

I�ve a "little" problem with a 2003 terminalserver (with citrix)
I can�t use (nearly) any shortcuts which are on the destop
e.g. word, notepad, excel
error message is: you do not have permissions. The path or file could not
reached (translated from german)

I can start the programs via the menu
trying to make a new shortvut like "right click - send to desktop) = same
error like above

any ideas?

greeting from germany
Lutz

From: Kudrat Sapaev on
Hi Lutz,

Most probably you are using Desktop redirection. There are few possible
reasons.

Maybe shortcuts for the MS Office programs were created from a different
version of Office. For example shortcuts were created from office 2003 and
the version on the server is 2007.

Another possible reason is installation path. Maybe MS Office was installed
to a non-default location (for example not C: drive but D:) and the shortcuts
were created from that installation, and when you try to run those shortcuts
on the server, were MS Office was installed to the default location, you are
getting the errors.

Regarding creating shortcut. Most probably you cannot create a shortcut
because you do not have enough permission on the redirected Desktop folder.

From: Lutz Rahe on
Hi

creating a new shortcut is possible (no error)
have checked the path (office 2003/2007) it´s correct
Usind menu shortcuts all worked fine
Copying this links to desktop: the error descriped above