From: Stehy on
I am working in Excel 2003 and would like to enter a formula counting the
number of times a specific word (sometimes in a sentence) appears in a range
of cells. Does somebody know how ? Thank you !
From: Eduardo on
Hi,
try

=COUNTIF(A10:A13,"aa*")

replace aa for the word you are looking for and change the range to fit your
needs
if this helps please click yes thanks

From: Mike H on
Hi,

Try this but note it isn't bullet proof. For example I set it up to look for
'word' and it will pick up all instances of that string in the range
including if it appears twice or more in a cell. Where it is weak is it will
also count.

Wordy, words etc

=SUMPRODUCT((LEN(A1:A10)-(LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1:A10,"word",""))))/LEN("word"))

Mike

From: Garyj on
Worked Like a champ!!! Thankyou very much!!! I wish I had came here 2 hours
ago!!!

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> try
>
> =COUNTIF(A10:A13,"aa*")
>
> replace aa for the word you are looking for and change the range to fit your
> needs
> if this helps please click yes thanks
>
> "Stehy" wrote:
>
> > I am working in Excel 2003 and would like to enter a formula counting the
> > number of times a specific word (sometimes in a sentence) appears in a range
> > of cells. Does somebody know how ? Thank you !

Pages: 1
Prev: Match values in more than one column
Next: Thanks