From: Jerry on
I have different values in a a column that I need to count.
Column A: 2,25,45,52,25,30,2,45,80,60
and I want to count values as follows
<30 = 4
>30 and <60 = 4
>60 = 2
I have tried countif and sumproduct but it doesn't work correctly. Your
assistance is greatly appreciated.
From: Stefi on
Set up a table in column B1:B4 like this:

0
29
59
999

where 999 represents a number which is surely higher than the highest value
in column A,

select range C1:C4 and enter this formula:
=FREQUENCY($A$2:$A$11,$B$1:$B$4)
and confirm it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter (it's an array formula).

--
Regards!
Stefi

From: Jerry on
I can not do that because the other information is already sorted and if i
change my sorting will take me over two hours readjusting all other columns.

From: pmartglass on
please explain what is not working correctly
the only thing that I see that may be a problem is how you are
handling situations like = 30 or = 60
these situations will be excluded from your logic
if this is causing your problem you may just need to modify your starting or
ending points accordingly

good luck

From: Glenn on
Jerry wrote:
> I have different values in a a column that I need to count.
> Column A: 2,25,45,52,25,30,2,45,80,60
> and I want to count values as follows
> <30 = 4
>> 30 and <60 = 4
>> 60 = 2
> I have tried countif and sumproduct but it doesn't work correctly. Your
> assistance is greatly appreciated.

One way:

B1=COUNTIF(A:A,"<30")

B2=COUNTIF(A:A,"<60")-B1