From: Mr. X. on
Hello.
How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS
2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file.

Thanks :)

From: Mr. Arnold on

"Mr. X." wrote:

> Hello.
> How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS
> 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file.

It's called an app.config. There is a name space you can use to mainulupate
the app.config from a program.

From: Mr. X. on
I see it on the project source directory (not for solution).
I cannot see it on the release directory.

Is there any convention to read / write from app.config :
I want to use it for main application (connectionString for mySql).
When calling another exe file from the main application - should I pass the
connectionString as a parameter,
or it is preferred that each project has it's own app.config, and not pass
parameter trough?

Thanks :)

From: Mr. X. on
Can I decrypt the app.config somehow ?