From: Seddon Acaster on
2x forms

one form contains addresses, each record shows a different address, each
record has a unique project_id

the other form contains invoices, each record shows a different invoice
number, date and project_id

i want a button on the address form that opens a report, the report only
shows those invoice records that have the same project_id as the record that
is currently viewed on the address form

how do i do this?
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi,

On 15.04.2010 12:58, Seddon Acaster wrote:
> i want a button on the address form that opens a report, the report only
> shows those invoice records that have the same project_id as the record that
> is currently viewed on the address form
>
> how do i do this?
Build your report. You must include the [project_id] field in its data
source.

When the report is done, place a button named btnReport on the form and
add a code event procedure:

Private Sub btnReport_Click()

DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", , , "[project_id] = " & Me![project_id]

End Sub

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Seddon Acaster on
Thx Stefan. I tried this and all it did was show all entries rather those
filered by project_id.

Seddon

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Seddon,

On 17.04.2010 16:23, Seddon Acaster wrote:
> Thx Stefan. I tried this and all it did was show all entries rather those
> filered by project_id.
Then check whether you have the data source of your report crafted
correctly and that you have specified the parameter for the OpenReport
in the right command order. It must be the fourth parameter:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa220304%28office.11%29.aspx

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Seddon Acaster on
This may or may not be relevant but I am using MS Access 2007.