From: UKMAN on
hi

I have data table with 7 headings, the cell of each row contains a project
code and there are multipule project codes.

By means of a drop down list (list of the project codes) I wish to be able
to create adhoc pre-formatted MIS reports that show only the details of the
rows for the selected project code.

I know I could use filters but the reports are on a differant sheet to the
table and needs to be included with other data to be printed.

To push my luck, is it possible because there is a worksheet and so table
for each calander month is it possible for the "report sheet" to have 2 drop
down lists to set the criteria? This would mean 1 for selecting a particular
"month's sheet" and 1 for the project code?

As ever many thanks

UKMAn1

From: Steve Dunn on
Hi,

not sure exactly what you're trying to describe, but see if this helps.
Assuming that your drop-downs for sheet and code are in A1 and B1
respectively, and your tables are in A1:E5 on each sheet.

=VLOOKUP($B1,INDIRECT("'" & $A1 & "'!$A$1:$E$5"),2)