From: Bill Cunningham on
Would this header be all I need to create a socket for an smtp and pop
connection?

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/

From: Bill Cunningham on

"Bill Cunningham" <nospam(a)nspam.invalid> wrote in message
> Would this header be all I need to create a socket for an smtp and pop
> connection?
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/

Oops. It's supposed to be sys/socket.h

Bill

From: Rick Jones on
Bill Cunningham <nospam(a)nspam.invalid> wrote:
> "Bill Cunningham" <nospam(a)nspam.invalid> wrote in message
> > Would this header be all I need to create a socket for an smtp and
> > pop connection?
> >
> > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/

> Oops. It's supposed to be sys/socket.h

It would be enough to create the socket, but it might not be enough to
do anything useful with it :) Depending on how barebones your name/IP
address maniupulation is to be. For example, the HP-UX 11.11 manpage
for getaddrinfo() also suggests including netdb.h. Or if you are
still using gethostbyaddr() (should migrate, BTW) that would add
netinet/in.h to netdb.h and socket.h.

rick jones
From: Bill Cunningham on

"Rick Jones" <rick.jones2(a)hp.com> wrote in message

> It would be enough to create the socket, but it might not be enough to
> do anything useful with it :) Depending on how barebones your name/IP
> address maniupulation is to be. For example, the HP-UX 11.11 manpage
> for getaddrinfo() also suggests including netdb.h. Or if you are
> still using gethostbyaddr() (should migrate, BTW) that would add
> netinet/in.h to netdb.h and socket.h.

What about a smtp and pop connection?

Bill

From: Ian Collins on
On 03/29/10 10:17 AM, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> "Rick Jones"<rick.jones2(a)hp.com> wrote in message
>
>> It would be enough to create the socket, but it might not be enough to
>> do anything useful with it :) Depending on how barebones your name/IP
>> address maniupulation is to be. For example, the HP-UX 11.11 manpage
>> for getaddrinfo() also suggests including netdb.h. Or if you are
>> still using gethostbyaddr() (should migrate, BTW) that would add
>> netinet/in.h to netdb.h and socket.h.
>
> What about a smtp and pop connection?

A connection is a connection. It's what you do with it that matters.

By the way, your clock is an hour fast.

--
Ian Collins
 |  Next  |  Last