From: Adam Tauno Williams on
On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 08:50 -0700, timo verbeek wrote:
> What is the easiest way in python to create a addon system?
> I found to easy ways:
> * using a import system like this:
> for striper in stripers:
> if striper["enabled"]:
> exec("from strip import %s as _x"%striper["striper"])
> string = _x.start(string)

This is how I chose to do it. Just walking a list of bundles and
discover the available classes [as plugins].

<http://coils.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/coils/coils/file/b3538e9fafb9/src/coils/core/bundlemanager.py>

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam(a)whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>

From: timo verbeek on
Is there not an other way to create a fast addon system?
A module or something like that
From: Christian Heimes on
Am 22.05.2010 12:06, schrieb timo verbeek:
> Is there not an other way to create a fast addon system?
> A module or something like that

How fancy are your requirements? People have written numerous plugin
systems, from simple to use ones like CherryPy's tool system up to a
complex component architecture like zope.component.

I recommend against exec() and execfile(). It makes debugging and
testing harder and it has security concern, too.

Christian