From: Rouse on
I made a text presentation, saved and copied it to dvd and tried to use an
optoma dv10 home theater projector to show presentation. I saved it as a
regular powerpoint presentation. It was a no show. Anyone have any
suggestions. When I purchased the projector for our church, I was told that
powerpoint presentations could be viewed.
From: Matti Vuori on
=?Utf-8?B?Um91c2U=?= <Rouse(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I made a text presentation, saved and copied it to dvd and tried to
> use an optoma dv10 home theater projector to show presentation. I
> saved it as a regular powerpoint presentation. It was a no show.
> Anyone have any suggestions. When I purchased the projector for our
> church, I was told that powerpoint presentations could be viewed.

PPT presentations can be viewed if you attach a computer to the projector.
Consider the Optoma as just another monitor (that just happens to have a
DVD player that can show standard DVD contents). It is not a computer
capable of running PPT presentatons.

From: Rouse on
Thank you for the input. I will try connecting a laptop.