From: rvaede on

I have a cronjob set up under ID: test123 thats starts (Microstrategy
process)

mstrctl -s IntelligenceServer gs > /home/test123/mstr.status

Once the process runs in Cron its owned by root. I don't know why?

If I login using the ID test123 and run the same process on the
command line, the process is owned by test123.

Any advise. Thanks
From: SINNER on
* rvaede wrote in comp.unix.solaris:

> I have a cronjob set up under ID: test123 thats starts (Microstrategy
> process)
>
> mstrctl -s IntelligenceServer gs > /home/test123/mstr.status
>
> Once the process runs in Cron its owned by root. I don't know why?
>
> If I login using the ID test123 and run the same process on the
> command line, the process is owned by test123.
>
> Any advise. Thanks

change to: <untested>

su - user123 -c mstrctl -s IntelligenceServer gs > /home/test123/mstr.status

--
David
From: hume.spamfilter on
rvaede <rvaedex23(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a cronjob set up under ID: test123 thats starts (Microstrategy
> process)

Which crontab do you have it in?

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/