From: Jonathan N. Little on
Edward Hass wrote:
> "Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art(a)centralva.net> wrote in message
>
>>> Any suggestions for other htc files?
>> I use a much simpler version that I tweaked at
>>
>> http://www.littleworksstudio.com/styles/IEFixes.htc
>>
> Sorry Jonathan, I obviously misunderstand your instructions. Here's a
> simple test example. Would you be so kind as to show me the necessary
> changes to make this work in IE6? This works fine in Firefox. . .it's a
> simple rollover to change the text colors. With csshover.htc it works fine
> in IE6 locally, but not from an ISP. I really appreciate the time you're
> taking with this.

> <head>
> <title>Testing hover</title>
> body {behavior: url(./csshover.htc);}
> .abc { width: 100px; background-color: aqua; }
> .abc:hover {background-color: navy; color: white; }
> </head>
> This is some text

Not sure about your HTC but mine the style would be

/* just add the behavior to elements with this class */
..abc { behavior: url(IEFixes.htc); }
..abc { width: 100px; background-color: aqua; }

/* for modern web browse with pseudo class support */
..abc:hover {background-color: navy; color: white; }

/* special 'hover' class for ol' IE */
..abc.hover {background-color: navy; color: white; }

The HTC file that I am using just this:

<public:component>
// For MSIE use JScript to attach JS functions to compensate
// for missing pseudo-class support
// from Vladdy http://www.vladdy.net/Demos/IEPseudoClassesFix.html
// updated for html4.01 jnl 3/06
// added focus|blur jnl 5/07
<public:attach event="onmouseover" onevent="DoHover()">
<public:attach event="onmouseout" onevent="RestoreHover()">
<public:attach event="onmousedown" onevent="DoActive()">
<public:attach event="onmouseup" onevent="RestoreActive()">
<public:attach event="onfocus" onevent="DoFocus()">
<public:attach event="onblur" onevent="RestoreFocus()">
<script type="text/jscript">
function DoHover(){
element.className += ' hover';
}
function DoActive(){
element.className += ' active';
}
function DoFocus(){
element.className += ' focus';
}
function RestoreHover(){
element.className = element.className.replace(/\shover\b/,'');
}
function RestoreActive(){
element.className = element.className.replace(/\sactive\b/,'');
}
function RestoreFocus(){
element.className = element.className.replace(/\sfocus\b/,'');
}
</script>
</public:component>

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
From: Edward Hass on
> Edward Hass wrote:
>> "Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art(a)centralva.net> wrote in message

Darn! Your solution has the same problem I've already encountered. It
works when I load it locally, doesn't work when I try to execute it from my
ISP. If you have IE6, could you please access
www.feltsongs.com/test2.html and tell me if you get the rollover effect or
not? this way I'll get a better idea if it has to do with my own IE
settings, or some other bizarre problem. (It's not browser cache, it failed
the first time I loaded it.)

Regards,
Edward Hass

From: John Hosking on
Edward Hass wrote:

> Darn! Your solution has the same problem I've already encountered. It
> works when I load it locally, doesn't work when I try to execute it from my
> ISP. If you have IE6, could you please access
> http://www.feltsongs.com/test2.html and tell me if you get the rollover effect
> or not? this way I'll get a better idea if it has to do with my own IE
> settings, or some other bizarre problem. (It's not browser cache, it failed
> the first time I loaded it.)

Works on my IE6, just like on my FF, upon my very first visit in each.

HTH. GL.

--
John
From: Jonathan N. Little on
Edward Hass wrote:
> "Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art(a)centralva.net> wrote in message
>> Edward Hass wrote:
>>> "Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art(a)centralva.net> wrote in message
>
> Darn! Your solution has the same problem I've already encountered. It
> works when I load it locally, doesn't work when I try to execute it from my
> ISP. If you have IE6, could you please access
> www.feltsongs.com/test2.html and tell me if you get the rollover effect or
> not? this way I'll get a better idea if it has to do with my own IE
> settings, or some other bizarre problem. (It's not browser cache, it failed
> the first time I loaded it.)

It must be something in your IE setup. It works for me from your website
in MSIE5.01, 5.5, 6.01, and 7!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
From: Jonathan N. Little on
Edward Hass wrote:

> Darn! Your solution has the same problem I've already encountered. It
> works when I load it locally, doesn't work when I try to execute it from my
> ISP. If you have IE6, could you please access
> www.feltsongs.com/test2.html and tell me if you get the rollover effect or
> not? this way I'll get a better idea if it has to do with my own IE
> settings, or some other bizarre problem. (It's not browser cache, it failed
> the first time I loaded it.)

Just thought of something. You may have "active scripting" disabled in
your Internet zone of your security settings but not for Local.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO