Prev: Licensing of XP
Next: SKYPE
From: Tester on
Hello there,
I am typing a document and the cursor jumps all over the place. Is
there a setting in XP Pro sp3 to adjust that? I am using a laptop and
is doing it in the undocked configuration. Thank you, T
From: Jim on
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:08:57 -0800 (PST), Tester
<calinguga(a)netscape.net> wrote:

>Hello there,
>I am typing a document and the cursor jumps all over the place. Is
>there a setting in XP Pro sp3 to adjust that? I am using a laptop and
>is doing it in the undocked configuration. Thank you, T

Control panel , mouse ," hide pointer while typing " .
From: Elmo on
Tester wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am typing a document and the cursor jumps all over the place. Is
> there a setting in XP Pro sp3 to adjust that? I am using a laptop and
> is doing it in the undocked configuration. Thank you, T

Disable the touchpad, or lower its sensitivity, whichever is available
in its Properties. The typing causes the membrane to vibrate and that's
misinterpreted as a tap by you at the new location.

--
Joe =o)
From: Roy Smith on
Tester wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am typing a document and the cursor jumps all over the place. Is
> there a setting in XP Pro sp3 to adjust that? I am using a laptop and
> is doing it in the undocked configuration. Thank you, T

Yes..... disable your touchpad and use a USB mouse instead. Either that
or learn to keep your palms away from the touchpad while you type.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

Pages: 1