From: Uwe Conradi on
Hello,
I made a software writing data to access database. It has been worked well
for many years under W2000, XP and also Win7.
Now I encountered the problem at one Vista installation. After some days
data were entered suddenly disappear data and the database is empty. Maybe
windows installer brings the older version of database from the installation
package??
Has anybody some idea? Where should I check?
Thanks
Uwe

From: Dee Earley on
On 06/05/2010 12:31, Uwe Conradi wrote:
> Hello,
> I made a software writing data to access database. It has been worked
> well for many years under W2000, XP and also Win7.
> Now I encountered the problem at one Vista installation. After some days
> data were entered suddenly disappear data and the database is empty.
> Maybe windows installer brings the older version of database from the
> installation package??
> Has anybody some idea? Where should I check?

It's possible that Windows Installer got the hump and decided to update it.
It may also be down to the Vista virtualisation.
Check the "compatible files" to see if the database exists there.
If it does, update your app to store the data in a sensible location
(any app data folder) and check which users are running it.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Nobody on
Where is this DB located? What's the path?

Does the data disappear when another user logs in on the same computer? In
this case, each user sees his own virtualized copy, because the DB was in a
path that only administrators can write to.

From: ralph on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 09:27:37 -0400, "Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote:

>Where is this DB located? What's the path?
>
>Does the data disappear when another user logs in on the same computer? In
>this case, each user sees his own virtualized copy, because the DB was in a
>path that only administrators can write to.

That would be my guess.

On my very first introduction to Vista. I downloaded some files,
created and saved a couple of documents, then spend the next hour
trying to figure out where and why everything got stuck. <g>

-ralph