From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
Hi to all,

seems to be that for all interested in further discussions, help etc. on
VB Classic themes a new Usenet hierarchy should be created.

Now I am no expert here, but AFAIK we need:

- a naming
- a primary host of the hierarchy
- an ok from usenet administration

Naming could be:

vbclassic.en.misc
vbclassic.en.com
vbclassic.en.database etc

and

vbclassic.de.misc
vbclassic.de.com
vbclassic.de.datenbanken etc

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/
From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
PS

Ulrich Korndoerfer schrieb:

> Naming could be:
>
> vbclassic.en.misc
> vbclassic.en.com
> vbclassic.en.database etc
>
> and
>
> vbclassic.de.misc
> vbclassic.de.com
> vbclassic.de.datenbanken etc

Better perhaps would be:

vbclassic.en.general instead of vbclassic.en.misc

and

vbclassic.en.allgemein instead of vbclassic.de.misc

From: Nobody on
How about alt.kbasic?

From: Henning on

"Ulrich Korndoerfer" <ulrich_wants_nospam(a)prosource.de> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi to all,
>
> seems to be that for all interested in further discussions, help etc. on
> VB Classic themes a new Usenet hierarchy should be created.
>
> Now I am no expert here, but AFAIK we need:
>
> - a naming
> - a primary host of the hierarchy
> - an ok from usenet administration
>
> Naming could be:
>
> vbclassic.en.misc
> vbclassic.en.com
> vbclassic.en.database etc
>
> and
>
> vbclassic.de.misc
> vbclassic.de.com
> vbclassic.de.datenbanken etc
>
> --
> Ulrich Korndoerfer
>
> VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/

Personally I'm against splitting a group for different countries. It will
mean that Q's and R's are not available for everyone. If .de, why not .se,
..no, .fi, .fr, .es, .it, .nl, .pl.....

/Henning

From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
Hi,

Henning schrieb:

> "Ulrich Korndoerfer" <ulrich_wants_nospam(a)prosource.de> skrev i meddelandet
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> seems to be that for all interested in further discussions, help etc. on
>> VB Classic themes a new Usenet hierarchy should be created.
>>
>> Now I am no expert here, but AFAIK we need:
>>
>> - a naming
>> - a primary host of the hierarchy
>> - an ok from usenet administration
>>
>> Naming could be:
>>
>> vbclassic.en.misc
>> vbclassic.en.com
>> vbclassic.en.database etc
>>
>> and
>>
>> vbclassic.de.misc
>> vbclassic.de.com
>> vbclassic.de.datenbanken etc
>>
>> --
>> Ulrich Korndoerfer
>>
>> VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/
>
> Personally I'm against splitting a group for different countries. It will
> mean that Q's and R's are not available for everyone. If .de, why not .se,
> ..no, .fi, .fr, .es, .it, .nl, .pl.....
>
> /Henning

Those can be created too. For a start en and (naturally for me) de would
suffice :-)

Putting the country/language domain in front means to integrate it in
existing domains, eg. de already exists and so eg. de.vbclassic would
have to integrate in an existing hierarchy. This might complicate things
(administration wise).

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/