From: great stuff on
I am trying to import a textfile into datagridview using
oledbconnection.

Dim MyConnection As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection
Dim DtSet As System.Data.DataSet
Dim MyCommand As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter

MyConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection
("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data source=" & connectionString &
";Extended Properties='text;HDR=No;FMT=TabDelimited'")

MyCommand = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("select * from [" &
fileName & "]", MyConnection)

DtSet = New System.Data.DataSet
MyCommand.Fill(DtSet, "TextFile")
DataGridView1.DataSource = DtSet

but the values get formatted in this case
if i have the text file as below:
01
02
03
04

i get as below:
1
2
3
4

Without formatting the text file (i .e., setting quotes to each number
in the text file for eg., "01") how can this be done??
Is there any other way to do this ??

Thanks for any suggestion...
From: Sergey Poberezovskiy on
If you know your table structure in advance, you can create a DataTable with
the first text field, and pass it into the DataAdapter - this way the
formatting should be preserved:

Dim table As New DataTable()
With table.Columns
.Add("FirstColumn", GetType(String))
' add the rest of the columns
End With

MyCommand.Fill(table)

I have not tested this, but relatively sure it will work - let me know if it
does not.