From: pat67 on
I have one cell that for some reason even though the format is set to
general, when i put in say 2007-2011 i get a pop up box that says date
format error. the issue is that this is the only cell in the entire
column with this issue.

this is a file exported out of SAP to Excel with VBA code in the
background. then we insert two columns next to a date column. so the
new columns are picking up that format. what i don't understand is why
when i change the format the top cell still doesn't work.

any ideas?
From: pat67 on
On Mar 23, 11:07 am, pat67 <pbus...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> I have one cell that for some reason even though the format is set to
> general, when i put in say 2007-2011 i get a pop up box that says date
> format error. the issue is that this is the only cell in the entire
> column with this issue.
>
> this is a file exported out of SAP to Excel with VBA code in the
> background. then we insert two columns next to a date column. so the
> new columns are picking up that format. what i don't understand is why
> when i change the format the top cell still doesn't work.
>
> any ideas?

I have it figured out. for some reason, the data validation for only
the top cell in the column i am inserting next to was set to a date. i
removed it and now it's fine.