From: pothios on
Hi all,

I have a problem with date formatting.

i have the following dates in MM/DD/YYYY format:
4/1/2010
4/2/2010
04/15/2010

when i tried to re-format the date, the 1st 2 column is formatted
sucessfully but the last date will always remain unchange no matter what
format is selected. Can anyone please explain the reason for this issue?

From: pothios on
resolved the problem by changing locale.

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Yes.
As you will have now realised, if your Windows Regional Settings in Control
Panel (not Excel) are expecting DMY, not MDY, then 04/15/2010 will be
treated as text, not a date.
--
David Biddulph