From: mac brooks on
The date on my iCal app icon is correct but when the app is showing in
it's folder that date is often wrong. Syncing has no effect. Got no
results from googling, not sure I am describing my problem correctly.
From: David Empson on
mac brooks <hamma(a)bda.net> wrote:

> The date on my iCal app icon is correct

I assume you mean the date on the iCal icon as it appears in the Dock
(the Dock is the strip of icons along the edge of the screen for quickly
launching applications and showing which ones are running).

> but when the app is showing in it's folder that date is often wrong.

In early versions of Mac OS X, the iCal icon on the Dock shows the
correct date while iCal is running, but if iCal is not running it shows
the actual icon for the iCal application, which has a date of July 17.

In recent versions of Mac OS X, there is special support for updating
the iCal icon on the Dock, so it can show the correct date even if iCal
is not running. (I think this was changed in Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5.)

You won't see the correct date if you are looking at iCal in the
Applications folder. That is the actual icon for the application, and
application icons don't update automatically. iCal was released on July
17 (I forget which year), which is why the iCal application icon shows
that date.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: mac brooks on
Sorry I have totally misled, this problem I am experiencing is on my
iPhone, I am in the wrong group, my apologies.

David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
> mac brooks <hamma(a)bda.net> wrote:
>
>> The date on my iCal app icon is correct
>
> I assume you mean the date on the iCal icon as it appears in the Dock
> (the Dock is the strip of icons along the edge of the screen for
> quickly
> launching applications and showing which ones are running).
>
>> but when the app is showing in it's folder that date is often wrong.
>
> In early versions of Mac OS X, the iCal icon on the Dock shows the
> correct date while iCal is running, but if iCal is not running it
> shows
> the actual icon for the iCal application, which has a date of July 17.
>
> In recent versions of Mac OS X, there is special support for updating
> the iCal icon on the Dock, so it can show the correct date even if
> iCal
> is not running. (I think this was changed in Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5.)
>
> You won't see the correct date if you are looking at iCal in the
> Applications folder. That is the actual icon for the application, and
> application icons don't update automatically. iCal was released on
> July
> 17 (I forget which year), which is why the iCal application icon shows
> that date.

Pages: 1
Prev: TOLERANCE IN ISLAM
Next: Google Earth navigation