From: DL on
Hi,
From a third party source, I receive data in ".csv" form.

When I open the file in excel, everything would work great on my old
computer (with vista). With my new computer (Windows 7) something
interesting happens. Some of the dates don't get recognised for some
purposes.

The formula countif(all the dates that equal today()) works, but the formula
match(dates that equal today()) returns error, when there are some entries
that should match. Further, conditional formatting the dates that equal
today() also does not work.

The problem seems to be that some of the dates flow through as text and some
as dates.

Text to columns fixes the data (so I could use a macro), but I am hoping
that there is just a setting change.

This is quite disturbing; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
From: Fred Smith on
Looks like you need to convert the text to dates. If you're importing a csv
file, likely the easiest way is to rename the file as a .txt file, then open
it. Excel will allow you to specify the contents of each column. Then you
can specify that your dates are dates.

Regards,
Fred