From: Bibi on
I do not know how to tweak the code below to calculate the number of days
available from the current day in those cases where the first day available
is before the current date.

Could someone help with an " If ...........then.........else...........

Here's the code:

[LastDayAvailable]-[Depart] AS [Days Available]

I need to add something here to show that if the [LastDayAvailable] is
before the current Date() then [Days Available] should be calculated from
Date()- [Depart] rather than from the [LastDayAvailalble].

All help appreciated.

TIA
Bibi
From: John Spencer on
IIF([LastDayAvailable]>Date(),[LastDayAvailable],Date()) - [Days Available]

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: golfinray on
Try a datediff command:
Datediff("d", [first date],[second date])
That will give you days, even if it is neagative.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: Bibi on
I don't think that will do it - It is still calculating the difference
between both dates , not from the current date in those instances when the
start date is BEFORE the current date......
I'm sorry I'm not expressing this very clearly..........
For example:
If a home becomes vacant on April 5th and is not booked until April 20th -
at the start, it is available for 15 days..... but on April 12th it is only
available for 8 days .
So for those cases where the start date is BEFORE the current date I need a
different calculation that if the start date is on or after the current date
TIA
Bibi

From: Bibi on
Thank you - i"m getting closer but I'm getting a circular reference if I
replace my initial code
[LastDayAvailable]-[Depart] AS [Days Available]
with the new code...........and the alternates I've tried aren't working -
I'm sorry I'm being so dense on this.....
--
TIA
Bibi