From: Aakash on
1. Could we move the installation path to other mount point. (from /
opt/ibm/db2/V9.7 to /db2home/ibm/db2/V9.7). What is the impact of
moving.
2. Can we move instance owner home path (from /home/db2stga to /
db2home/db2stga)
3. Is it mandatory to install DB2 and create instances by user with
Root privilege? The initial concern was that other user with ROOT and
drop the instances.

Thanks!
From: Helmut Tessarek on
> 1. Could we move the installation path to other mount point. (from /
> opt/ibm/db2/V9.7 to /db2home/ibm/db2/V9.7). What is the impact of
> moving.

If you move the DB2 executables, your instance won't start. You would have to
do a db2iupdt afterwards.

> 2. Can we move instance owner home path (from /home/db2stga to /
> db2home/db2stga)

It depends on your environment.

> 3. Is it mandatory to install DB2 and create instances by user with
> Root privilege?

No, however there are limitations of non-root installations.
see:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/topic/com.ibm.db2.luw.qb.server.doc/doc/c0050562.html

> The initial concern was that other user with ROOT and
> drop the instances.

I don't understand this sentence.

It takes 5 minutes to install DB2, so I'm not quite sure why you want to move
the executables in the first place.

Please tell me what you want to do.

I hope you don't tell me that you want to use root as the instance owner.

--
Helmut K. C. Tessarek
DB2 Performance and Development

/*
await thee at its end.
*/
From: Ian on
On Jun 24, 3:01 pm, Aakash <bor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Could we move the installation path to other mount point. (from /
> opt/ibm/db2/V9.7 to /db2home/ibm/db2/V9.7). What is the impact of
> moving.

You would be much better off installing another copy of DB2 into the
new
location, and then using db2iupdt to point the existing instance at
the
new location.

> 2. Can we move instance owner home path (from /home/db2stga to /
> db2home/db2stga)

It is possible to do this, but if you have databases that have any
files
anywhere inside the old home directory you will need to fix that.
This
requires either doing a backup/redirected restore or using the
db2relocatedb
utility.