From: sf903 on
I upgraded my system and now have Outlook 2007. Before upgrading (I actually did a clean install), I saved all my old emails from Outlook Express (inbox, sent, etc) as .dbx files by exporting them and saving into a folder. I now want to import those into Outlook 2007 and can't figure it out. If I had Outlook Express still installed, then it wouldn't be an issue (just use the import/export function and go through the steps). After lots of online research, I can't seem to figure this out and really need some help. One place said it would work to put those .dbx files on your desktop, use Outlook's import feature, select from another file/program, select Outlook Express, then when it wouldn't find any OE accounts, continue and say yes to import emails from OE. That didn't work. Plus, I can't even find Outlook Express to install. If I could at least do that, then I could import my files into the actual program, export to outlook, and delete the old OE. I found a dbx to pst converter but it costs $50 and I'm sure there is some other solution. Someone please help. Thank you so much!!!.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Did oyu save the entire folder where the dbx files were? You need the
folders.dbx then you can use the method here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/convert_oe.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: sf903 on
Hi - thank you for your response and the information. Unfortunately, when I saved my Outlook Express info I didn't use the method described in your link. I only have the .dbx files - there's one for each email category (inbox, folders, sent, deleted items, and so on) each ending with .dbx. So what can I do with that? I would appreciate anyone who can help me. THANKS!

outlookmvp wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 18:11

.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
From: John on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:11:57 -0400, Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

> Did oyu save the entire folder where the dbx files were? You need the
> folders.dbx then you can use the method here:
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/convert_oe.htm

Thanks Diane, Worked for me.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
According to your list, you have folders.dbx... so the method I suggested
will work. Point the mail program (Mail or Live Mail) to the location where
all the dbx files are located.