From: jckumar on
if i change this format 07/03/2009 to some other format through right click,
and format cells - date - 07-mar-2009 but the change will be happen to this
format July/03/009. But i wnt only on this format dd/mm/yy

thanks for helping me.

From: dlw on
the day/month order is a windows setting:
Start / Settings / Control Panel / Regional and Language Options,
either change your location, or click Customize, and Date

From: Dave Peterson on
The value in the cell is really July 3, 2009.

You'll have to reenter the value to make it March 7, 2009.

Remember that if you're typing the value, you have to match your windows short
date format. After you've entered the value, you can reformat the cell the way
you like.

But I'd use an unambiguous format (just temporarily) to verify that my value was
the date I really wanted.

I like:
mmmm dd, yyyy
as that temporary number format.