From: Micha on
Hello there!

If anyone is running Debian on an HP Proliant machine I would appreciate
information about how to solve the problem that the "virtual keyboard /
mouse" is registering as usb device in a neverending loop.

My solution will look like: blacklisting the uhci_hcd module - but to be
honest: I'm not too satisfied with this option. So if there would be
niftier approaches I'd be happier.

Michael

Micha wrote (31-08-2006 22:26):
> Hello there!
>
> If anyone is running Debian on an HP Proliant machine I would appreciate
> information about how to solve the problem that the "virtual keyboard /
> mouse" is registering as usb device in a neverending loop.
>
> My solution will look like: blacklisting the uhci_hcd module - but to be
> honest: I'm not too satisfied with this option. So if there would be
> niftier approaches I'd be happier.

I run debian testing on a HP Proliant DL320 without any problems at all,
and I have the uhci_hcd module loaded.

I have never seen the problem mentioned.

--
René Seindal (rene(a)seindal.dk)
From: jef on

René Seindal wrote:

>I run debian testing on a HP Proliant DL320 without any problems at all, and I
>have the uhci_hcd module loaded.
>
>I have never seen the problem mentioned.

Do you have the G4 version of the 320 that was just recently released? Older
Generations don't have the uhci_hcd problem as far as I know.
From: micha on

On 3 Sep 2006, at 12:18, René Seindal wrote:

> Micha wrote (31-08-2006 22:26):
>> Hello there!
>> If anyone is running Debian on an HP Proliant machine I would
>> appreciate information about how to solve the problem that the
>> "virtual keyboard / mouse" is registering as usb device in a
>> neverending loop.
>> My solution will look like: blacklisting the uhci_hcd module - but
>> to be honest: I'm not too satisfied with this option. So if there
>> would be niftier approaches I'd be happier.
>
> I run debian testing on a HP Proliant DL320 without any problems at
> all, and I have the uhci_hcd module loaded.
>
> I have never seen the problem mentioned.
>

> --
> René Seindal (rene(a)seindal.dk)

What kernel version have you installed? After installing 2.6.17 it
worked out for me... Of course I would like to see other solutions -
maybe a stable solution.

Thanks,
Michael
From: Stefan Gundlach on
Hi,

I'm searching for a solution, too. It seems that other kernels
than the default one in "etch" 2.6.15 do work better. I.e. the
2.6.5 from the HP smartstart-cd doesn't have this problem.
But I gave up, transfering this into the installed system on
harddisk ... too complex for my time budget.

Btw., did you manage to get the SAS-RAID running? What kernels
have you tested?

Does anyone know what other versions the etch-installer is
offering? And how can i afterwards install other versions
with a suitable initrd? Keep in mind, the problem prevents the
system from booting.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

 |  Next  |  Last