From: miten on
Hi,

is there way we can debug code including those perl files which might
be exec with system command.

i have code which is like:

main.pl
---------
#....some code
system("other.pl");

I want to set break points in other.pl. In fact other.pl loads other
module like someother:submodule:subr and would like to set break point
in subr which is called from exec other.pl.

Regards,

Miten.
From: Peter Scott on
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:43:32 -0700, miten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there way we can debug code including those perl files which might be
> exec with system command.
>
> i have code which is like:
>
> main.pl
> ---------
> #....some code
> system("other.pl");
>
> I want to set break points in other.pl. In fact other.pl loads other
> module like someother:submodule:subr and would like to set break point
> in subr which is called from exec other.pl.

system("$^X -d other.pl");

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perlmedic.com/ http://www.perldebugged.com/