From: Teuvo Yrjömäki on
hey,

I installed the debug4x and now I'm trying to build a simple
hello-world-like program... I did as in the manual's quick start
section, that is, created a new project, configured the ROMID to 400,
added a source file that reads

EXTERNAL SUBPROGRAM
ASSEMBLE
CON(1) 8
RPL
xNAME MYTRY
::
CK1&Dispatch
ZERO ::
( Calling a sub-program )
SUBPROGRAM
"Well Done" %1 xDISP %7 xFREEZE
;
;

NULLNAME SUBPROGRAM
::
% 500 % .05 xBEEP
;

and hit F9 (build project) but the build window has stuff like

But the output looks like
SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: problem reading tile _end.o
SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: problem reading tile _head.o
SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: problem reading tile _table.o
SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: Symbol LIB400 not defined
toka.s: 5: Entry ~xMYTRY does not exist
toka.s: 10: Entry ~xSUBPROGRAM does not exist

Did I miss something?

I'm running Windows 7 x64, and the Debug4x seems to be installed in
C:\program files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard, that is, as a 32-bit application.

thanks
From: Jacob Wall on
On 07/04/2010 1:22 AM, Teuvo Yrj�m�ki wrote:
> hey,
>
> I installed the debug4x and now I'm trying to build a simple
> hello-world-like program... I did as in the manual's quick start
> section, that is, created a new project, configured the ROMID to 400,
> added a source file that reads
>
> EXTERNAL SUBPROGRAM
> ASSEMBLE
> CON(1) 8
> RPL
> xNAME MYTRY
> ::
> CK1&Dispatch
> ZERO ::
> ( Calling a sub-program )
> SUBPROGRAM
> "Well Done" %1 xDISP %7 xFREEZE
> ;
> ;
>
> NULLNAME SUBPROGRAM
> ::
> % 500 % .05 xBEEP
> ;
>
> and hit F9 (build project) but the build window has stuff like
>
> But the output looks like
> SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: problem reading tile _end.o
> SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: problem reading tile _head.o
> SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: problem reading tile _table.o
> SLOAD: O: /SLOAD: Symbol LIB400 not defined
> toka.s: 5: Entry ~xMYTRY does not exist
> toka.s: 10: Entry ~xSUBPROGRAM does not exist
>

> Did I miss something?
>
> I'm running Windows 7 x64, and the Debug4x seems to be installed in
> C:\program files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard, that is, as a 32-bit application.
>
> thanks
Hello, it sounds like you've got "The project is a library" checked, try
replacing your:

> EXTERNAL SUBPROGRAM
> ASSEMBLE
> CON(1) 8
> RPL

with simply:

RPL
INCLUDE mytry.h

assuming your source file is mytry.s

HTH

Jacob
From: Jacob Wall on

Whoops, I wrote:

> assuming your source file is mytry.s

too early in the morning I guess, edit:

assuming your project is named mytry.hpp
From: Han on
Did you add the *.s file to the files list? (Check the Files tab in
the project window.)
From: CesarV on
You can learn how to make a library with Debug4x in the next page:

http://honradoshp.foroactivo.com/faqs-sobre-la-calculadora-hp-solo-lectura-f9/pasos-para-crear-biblioteca-con-debug-4x-en-system-rpl-para-hp49-series-t29.htm

HonradosHP: the best forum of HP calculators.