From: Peng Yu on
I want to debug regex to make sure that my regex is correct. A google
search give me several debuggers, but I'm not sure which one best fit
my needs. Essentially, I'm looking a tool like http://kodos.sourceforge.net/
(but this is for python), so that I can input the regex and the string
and see the colored results immediately.

Would you please let me know what is the appropriate tool for this
purpose for perl?
From: Charlton Wilbur on

PY> I want to debug regex to make sure that my regex is correct. A
PY> google search give me several debuggers, but I'm not sure which
PY> one best fit my needs.

We aren't either, since we don't know your needs. Try several of them
out for yourself and see.

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur
cwilbur(a)chromatico.net
From: Peng Yu on
On Jun 13, 2:24 pm, Charlton Wilbur <cwil...(a)chromatico.net> wrote:

>     PY> I want to debug regex to make sure that my regex is correct. A
>     PY> google search give me several debuggers, but I'm not sure which
>     PY> one best fit my needs.
>
> We aren't either, since we don't know your needs.  Try several of them
> out for yourself and see.

I need something similar to http://kodos.sourceforge.net/, which is
python. But I don't see which perl tool is like it.
From: Charlton Wilbur on

>> We aren't either, since we don't know your needs.  Try several of
>> them out for yourself and see.

PY> I need something similar to http://kodos.sourceforge.net/, which
PY> is python. But I don't see which perl tool is like it.

Which ones have you tried? What didn't you like about them?

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur
cwilbur(a)chromatico.net