From: Tara on
I have a form with two date fields on it - Service Date and Posted Date.
Since in most cases the Service Date will be the same as the Posted Date, I
have the default value of Posted Date field set to the value of the Service
Date field by using the following expression in the default value property:
=[ServiceDate]. It's not working though and I'm not sure why.
From: Dorian on
Try this in the AfterUpdate event of the first date:

Private Sub Date1_AfterUpdate()
If Nz(Me!Date1, "") <> "" And Nz(Me!Date2, "") = "" Then
Me!Date2 = Me!Date1
End If
End Sub

-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

From: Jon Lewis on
How are you expecting it to work? A default value only applies to a new
record so does ServiceDate have a default value too? In this case just give
your PostedDate control the same literal default value as your ServiceDate
(although =[ServiceDate] should work too)

If you want the PostedDate to default to the ServiceDate after it has been
chosen then use the AfterUpdate event of the ServiceDate control to set the
PostedDate value.

HTH