From: inungh on
I would like to delete first 3 records of the table.
I know that I can set criteria to delete certain records in the table,
but are there any way to set criteria only the first 3 or 4 records?

Your information is great appreciated,

From: Bob Barrows on
inungh wrote:
> I would like to delete first 3 records of the table.
> I know that I can set criteria to delete certain records in the table,
> but are there any way to set criteria only the first 3 or 4 records?
>
> Your information is great appreciated,

You really need to define the criteria to identify the "first" 3 records
in your table. Records can be stored in an entirely different order from
that with which they are displayed. In a relational database, tables are
defined as sets of unordered rows.

Without a numerically increasing row identifier (primary key), the best
you can do is a 3-step process:
1. Add an autonumber field
2. delete * from table where autonumber_field < 4
3. Delete the autonumber field.

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

From: KARL DEWEY on
I suggest including two more steps --
Step 0- Backup database
After step 1 add - verify the autonumbers of the records to be deleted.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: inungh on
On May 20, 10:50 am, "Bob Barrows" <reb01...(a)NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote:
> inungh wrote:
> > I would like to delete first 3 records of the table.
> > I know that I can set criteria to delete certain records in the table,
> > but are there any way to set criteria only the first 3 or 4 records?
>
> > Your information is great appreciated,
>
> You really need to define the criteria to identify the "first" 3 records
> in your table. Records can be stored in an entirely different order from
> that with which they are displayed. In a relational database, tables are
> defined as sets of unordered rows.
>
> Without a numerically increasing row identifier (primary key), the best
> you can do is a 3-step process:
> 1. Add an autonumber field
> 2. delete * from table where autonumber_field < 4
> 3. Delete the autonumber field.
>
> --
> HTH,
> Bob Barrows

Thanks millions for helping,
I find the way to identify the records without knowing order of the
records.

Thanks again for helping,