From: irfan on
I want to delete temporary files from my windows 7 64 bit OS.
please give me the steps
From: Bobby Johnson on
You can right click on the file and then click on Delete. Same as it's
been for years in Windows.

From: Carlos on
Irfan,
The easiest way to access the folder where temporary files are kept is to
run %TEMP%.
How do you do that?
Press and hold simultaneously the Windows Key plus the "R" key.
Inside the dialog box type %TEMP% and then press ENTER.
That will take you to your temporary files folder.
Select the ones you want to delete and hit the DEL key.
If you are trying to delete a temporary file that is currently in use,
Windows 7 will warn you.
Carlos

From: Eric Allen on
Carlos wrote:
> Irfan,
> The easiest way to access the folder where temporary files are kept is to
> run %TEMP%.

Can you delete everything in there without damaging Win7?

Eric
From: Carlos on
Eric,
I usually select all files (not folders) and delete them all.
Win 7 will not allow me to delete the ones it is using, so it is quite safe.
Regarding folders I tend to be a little more careful.
There are a couple regarding outlook, messengercache,
hsperfdata_(your_user_name_here), Excel 8.0, msdt, msdtadmin, OIS, OLC, VBE
that I don't touch.
The rest goes to the trash can.
Carlos

"Eric Allen" wrote:

> Carlos wrote:
> > Irfan,
> > The easiest way to access the folder where temporary files are kept is to
> > run %TEMP%.
>
> Can you delete everything in there without damaging Win7?

> Eric
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2