From: Cain, Marc on
We deliver Local GPOs by copying from client to server share then back to local System32 folder on logon, applying a "gpupdate /force" after the copy. This works pretty well with both WinXP and Windows 7 for any policies that are applied immediately and that don't require a restart. Have not yet looked at secpol in Win7 though.

Am Freitag, 26. Februar 2010 23:49:32 schrieb Cain, Marc:
> We deliver Local GPOs by copying from client to server share then back to
> local System32 folder on logon, applying a "gpupdate /force" after the
> copy. This works pretty well with both WinXP and Windows 7 for any
> policies that are applied immediately and that don't require a restart.
> Have not yet looked at secpol in Win7 though.
>
> On Feb 26, 2010, at 1:43 PM, peter pilsl wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > I skipped Vista and was using WinXP on all clients until now. I deployed
> > my policies using a file ntconfig.pol in the [netlogon]-share, but this
> > does not work with win7 any more.

Problem is, local policies can't distinguish between users or groups, while
good old ntconfig.pol did work with them.