From: RocketRob on
I have several activeX controls that were written in VC++ 6.0 and have been
distributed via cab files and deployed via IE for years now with no issues.

I have now updated these to use VC++ 2005. However, I can find no way to
deploy the MFC/C++ Run time files via the cabinet files.

Is there a way to distribute the C++ dependencies via entries in the .inf
file, as there used to be with VC++ 6? For example, in the "good ol' days"
we could just add this to the cab file:

[mfc42installer]
file-win32-x86=http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vc/mfc42.cab
run=%EXTRACT_DIR%\mfc42.exe

is there a corresponding download for the VC++ 2005 version?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rob
From: Marc Mirti Mancinelli on
Hello,
It's vcredist_x86.exe. If you have installed sp1 for vc8, you should use
vcredist_x86.exe from your vc installation(normally in your \Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages, and updated
by vc8 sp1) and put it on your server for download (not available from ms
download servers). (vcredist_x64.exe for 64bits).

Cf http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=149470&SiteID=1 and
internet with vcredist_x86 keyword for more details.