From: Beline on
how to programmatically determine Adobe Acrobat PDF plug-in version
installed in Firefox and Opera?
Is it possible with Javascript?

Thanks.

From: Joe Nine on

Surely the FAQ at adobe.com would explain that.
From: Beline on

"Joe Nine" <joe9(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Beline wrote:
> > how to programmatically determine Adobe Acrobat PDF plug-in version
> > installed in Firefox and Opera?
> > Is it possible with Javascript?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Surely the FAQ at adobe.com would explain that.
------

sorry, didn't find this. Can you point me?

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Beline wrote:

> "Joe Nine" wrote:
>> Beline wrote:
>> > how to programmatically determine Adobe Acrobat PDF plug-in version
>> > installed in Firefox and Opera?
>> > Is it possible with Javascript?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> Surely the FAQ at adobe.com would explain that.
> ------
>
> sorry, didn't find this. Can you point me?

Yes.

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: David Mark on
On May 28, 5:56 am, Joe Nine <j...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Beline wrote:
> > how to programmatically determine Adobe Acrobat PDF plug-in version
> > installed in Firefox and Opera?
> > Is it possible with Javascript?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> Surely the FAQ at adobe.com would explain that.

I wouldn't count on it (at least not to explain it well). For
example, their Flash version detection is all tangled up in UA-based
browser sniffing.