From: Wendy Elizabeth on
Is there a way to 'step through' code when the SSRS 2008 rdl is running? This
would be similar to a 'stepping though' code in a .net application?
I am asking that question since sometimes I see errors that I know come
from the .net framework. To fix the errors, so far I have had to 'guess' what
the problem was. I am hoping there is a better way to debug the RDL.
From: a a r o n . k e m p f on
I find the most helpful debugging info when I go to compile / deploy
the report itself

From: Karim Sameh Wahba on
On May 4, 5:05 am, Wendy Elizabeth
<WendyElizab...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to 'step through' code when the SSRS 2008 rdl is running? This
> would be similar to a 'stepping though' code in a .net application?
>  I am asking that question since sometimes I see errors that I know come
> from the .net framework. To fix the errors, so far I have had to 'guess' what
> the problem was. I am hoping there is a better way to debug the RDL.

Well there is no step into or other usual code debugging methods, but
you their is anther ways of doing the debugging ,
one of them if you find an error in an object and you don't know
where is the object , just open the RDL file in a text editor and
search for the object ,