Prev: wxglade
Next: Linking errors
From: Andreas Moroder on
Hello,

I would like to use dev-c++ togheter with wxwidgtes.
Following the instructions from http://www.wxwindows.org/devcpp.htm#links

I installed the latest versions of Imagelib and wxwindows devpak.

If I create a new wxWidgets GUI project and compile it I get many errors
regarding tpyes already defined.

Now I restarted dev-g++ and now I get error messages that the compiler
does no more find the wx/wx.h include file

Please help

Bye
Andreas

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: M Nealon on
On 9/24/05, Andreas Moroder <andreas.moroder(a)gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use dev-c++ togheter with wxwidgtes.
> Following the instructions from http://www.wxwindows.org/devcpp.htm#links

I really would suggest you get wxDevCpp http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/
it is much simpler than using the other devpaks. It contains a built in
form designer, is actively developed, I know since I am one of the
development team.

I strongly suggest you look at wxDevCpp, and should you find bugs enter them
in the bug tracker
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=95606&atid=611982

It has a dedicated section on the wxWidgets forum
http://www.solidsteel.nl/users/wxwidgets/viewforum.php?f=28 where the
developers monitor the threads, resulting in rapid answers, there are
tutorials for using it (one of which I wrote)
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html.

In short I strongly believe that this is the best option for using DevCpp
and wxWidgets together.

Best
Mal
From: "Yeoh HS" on
From: Alfredo Cole on
El Domingo, 25 de Septiembre de 2005 04:22, M Nealon escribió:
> On 9/24/05, Andreas Moroder <andreas.moroder(a)gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to use dev-c++ togheter with wxwidgtes.
> > Following the instructions from
> > http://www.wxwindows.org/devcpp.htm#links
>
> I really would suggest you get wxDevCpp http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/
> it is much simpler than using the other devpaks. It contains a built in
> form designer, is actively developed, I know since I am one of the
> development team.
>
> I strongly suggest you look at wxDevCpp, and should you find bugs enter
> them in the bug tracker
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=95606&atid=611982
>
> It has a dedicated section on the wxWidgets forum
> http://www.solidsteel.nl/users/wxwidgets/viewforum.php?f=28 where the
> developers monitor the threads, resulting in rapid answers, there are
> tutorials for using it (one of which I wrote)
> http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html.
>
> In short I strongly believe that this is the best option for using DevCpp
> and wxWidgets together.
>
> Best
> Mal

I am considering porting an application from Linux to Win2K, and I need
sqlitewrapped library (http://www.alhem.net/project/sqlite/). Is there a
devpak available for wxDevCpp? Could you point the URL please?

Thank you.

--
Alfredo J. Cole
Grupo ACyC

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: M Nealon on
On 9/25/05, Alfredo Cole <alfredo(a)acyc.com> wrote:

> I am considering porting an application from Linux to Win2K, and I need
> sqlitewrapped library (http://www.alhem.net/project/sqlite/). Is there a
> devpak available for wxDevCpp? Could you point the URL please?
>
> Thank you.
>
> You can always check whether there is a sqlite devpak available (there is)
by using the Check for updates/packages (under Tools) option. Set your
DevPak server to DevPaks.org and then loook under the Database options.
There are actually 7 devpaks on the list, choose the one you want download
and install, all from within wxDevCpp.

Any problems, let us know.

Best
Mal