From: Pascal Chenevas-Paule on
Hi all,

I'm tring to learn wxpython & wxglade, but I have already a problem to
use wxglade. To learn wxglade I read this tutorial :

http://www.serpia.com/page3.php

I lanch wxglade under xterm, when I click on "add Frame" button of
wxglade panel, a dialogue windows whith 2 choises :

wxFrame
wxMDIChildFrame.

I choose wxFrame

A default class entry is "MyFrame", I have not change it and I click on
OK button.

wxGlade don't create a new Frame window as if I try to make it under Glade2.

On Xterm I can see this error message :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxglade/common.py", line 170,
in add_to
plevel_object
widgets[refs[event.GetId()]](None, None, 0)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxglade/widgets/frame/frame.py", line 4
70, in builder
klass=dialog.klass)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxglade/widgets/frame/frame.py", line 1
99, in __init__
self.style_pos = [wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE,
NameError: global name 'wxFULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE' is not defined

Thank you,

Pascal
From: "Chris Barker" on
Pascal Chenevas-Paule wrote:
> I'm tring to learn wxpython

If you're using python, rather than C++, you're better off posting these
questions to the wxpython users list:

http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php

& wxglade,

Or better yet, a wxGlade list, it there is one.

> NameError: global name 'wxFULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE' is not defined

I don't know anything about wxGlade, but I can tell you that if you are
using a recent version of wxPython (which you should), and python is
imported as:

import wx

(which it should be), then the name will have been moved into the wx
namespace, and that flag, for instance, should be:

wx.FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE

(note the dot after wx"

Maybe that will help.

I would suggest that you do a little bit with "raw" wxPython code,
written by hand, before using wxGlade. It will help you get a much
better idea what is going on under the hood. The Wiki is a good place to
start:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

NOAA/OR&R/HAZMAT (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker(a)noaa.gov

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Tim Laurent on
That's correct. Download the latest version of wxPython and wxGlade.