From: DenverD on
fabrice wrote:
> I'm looking for pointers to understand what are the differences between
> the "kernel-default" and the "kernel-desktop" flavors of the kernel.

i saw that very question answere, just this week (or last) here or in
one of the other forums i read in newsnet or openSUSE land..

so if you don't get a great answer here this century, you might
considering to go ahead and use google or the search engine available
at the openSUSE community forums here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/search.php

as i recall the subject line of the thread i saw was similar to yours,
so should be relatively easy to pull it out of the noise..

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 (20090817),
KDE 3.5.7 "release 72-11", openSUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.19-0.4-default
#1 SMP i686 athlon
From: David Bolt on
On Friday 19 Mar 2010 07:47, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
DenverD painted this mural:

> fabrice wrote:
>> I'm looking for pointers to understand what are the differences between
>> the "kernel-default" and the "kernel-desktop" flavors of the kernel.
>
> i saw that very question answere, just this week (or last) here or in
> one of the other forums i read in newsnet or openSUSE land..

It was here, and was about 5 days ago:

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux.suse/msg/c435f827c700b4c3>

No guesses as to _why_ I know about that posting.

> so if you don't get a great answer here this century, you might
> considering to go ahead and use google or the search engine available
> at the openSUSE community forums here:
> http://forums.opensuse.org/search.php

There might be something on there as well.

> as i recall the subject line of the thread i saw was similar to yours,
> so should be relatively easy to pull it out of the noise..

It was very similar. Just drop the first and last two words from the
subject, replace the '-' with a space, and you get the exact subject of
the other thread.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M3 32b

From: fabrice on
Le 19/03/2010 12:44, David Bolt a écrit :
> On Friday 19 Mar 2010 07:47, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
> DenverD painted this mural:
>
>> fabrice wrote:
>>> I'm looking for pointers to understand what are the differences between
>>> the "kernel-default" and the "kernel-desktop" flavors of the kernel.
>>
>> i saw that very question answere, just this week (or last) here or in
>> one of the other forums i read in newsnet or openSUSE land..
>
> It was here, and was about 5 days ago:
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux.suse/msg/c435f827c700b4c3>
>
> No guesses as to _why_ I know about that posting.
>
>> so if you don't get a great answer here this century, you might
>> considering to go ahead and use google or the search engine available
>> at the openSUSE community forums here:
>> http://forums.opensuse.org/search.php
>
> There might be something on there as well.
>
>> as i recall the subject line of the thread i saw was similar to yours,
>> so should be relatively easy to pull it out of the noise..
>
> It was very similar. Just drop the first and last two words from the
> subject, replace the '-' with a space, and you get the exact subject of
> the other thread.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

Wow! that was just behind my eyes (maybe I'm in need of vacation...)
Many thanks to all