From: inenewbl on
Hi all. I have a publicly accessible website running iis7. When i browse a
folder using IE from my webserver running iis7 it shows http error "403.14 -
forbidden". In addition there is detailed error information showing the
directory c:\inetpub\wwwroot which would reveal that my webserver is running
iis7. However when i try to browse the same folder from the internet also
using IE it "403 -forbidden: Access is denied". There is no detailed error
information showing the directory. Why is the error different when i view it
from the internet? Is there some security settings enabled? Pls advise thks
in advance.
From: Ken Schaefer on
This is set at:

<object level> -> Error Pages -> Edit Feature Settings link.

By default, the setting is "Detailed Errors for local requests and custom
errors for remote requests"

You can set this setting at the server, website or individual folder level

Cheers
Ken

http://adOpenStatic.com/blog