From: social on
Is there a way to disable a NIC from OK/ALOM on a t2000. I looked
at disablecomponent, but that disbales a whole slot? OK prompt did not
recognize asr-disable*

Thanks
Ashok

From: James Carlson on
"social" <mail4ashok(a)gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a way to disable a NIC from OK/ALOM on a t2000. I looked
> at disablecomponent, but that disbales a whole slot? OK prompt did not
> recognize asr-disable*

Why? What are you trying to do?

--
James Carlson, KISS Network <james.d.carlson(a)sun.com>
From: social on

James Carlson wrote:
> Why? What are you trying to do?

During a jumpstart using flasharchives, the phase that takes the most
amount of time is the miniboot trying to get IP's for 8 NIC's using
RARP.
Modifying the miniboot just for this specific server configuration, I
thought is ugly.
I only wanted the one NIC to be seen by the kernel

From: social on
social wrote:

> During a jumpstart using flasharchives, the phase that takes the most
> amount of time is the miniboot trying to get IP's for 8 NIC's using
> RARP.
> Modifying the miniboot just for this specific server configuration, I
> thought is ugly.
> I only wanted the one NIC to be seen by the kernel

miniboot? I meant boot directory conatining mini-root

From: James Carlson on
"social" <mail4ashok(a)gmail.com> writes:
> James Carlson wrote:
> > Why? What are you trying to do?
> >

> During a jumpstart using flasharchives, the phase that takes the most
> amount of time is the miniboot trying to get IP's for 8 NIC's using
> RARP.
> Modifying the miniboot just for this specific server configuration, I
> thought is ugly.
> I only wanted the one NIC to be seen by the kernel

Ah, ok. Yes, this is a known defect in the install code.
Unfortunately, other than removing hardware, I don't think there are
any known work-arounds.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network <james.d.carlson(a)sun.com>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: fsck error: "BAD STATE 0x52 TO BLKERR"
Next: fsck -n