From: byaarov on
Hi.
I built a R61 kernel module and I am trying to load it. I get an
error regarding versions of the symbol struct module.

The kernel I am running must be slightly different from what I
compiled the module against, but I do not want to stick with my
existing running kernel. Is there any way I can force the loading of
this driver as I know that there will not be any issues doing so?

From: J.O. Aho on
byaarov(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi.
> I built a R61 kernel module and I am trying to load it. I get an
> error regarding versions of the symbol struct module.
>
> The kernel I am running must be slightly different from what I
> compiled the module against, but I do not want to stick with my
> existing running kernel. Is there any way I can force the loading of
> this driver as I know that there will not be any issues doing so?

Rebuild it against your kernel.

--

//Aho
From: byaarov on
On Feb 18, 12:44 pm, "J.O. Aho" <u...(a)example.net> wrote:
> byaa...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I built a R61 kernel module and I am trying to load it. I get an
> > error regarding versions of the symbol struct module.
>
> > The kernel I am running must be slightly different from what I
> > compiled the module against, but I do not want to stick with my
> > existing running kernel. Is there any way I can force the loading of
> > this driver as I know that there will not be any issues doing so?
>
> Rebuild it against your kernel.
>
> --
>
> //Aho

I dont have the source for my kernel...

From: J.O. Aho on
byaarov(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> On Feb 18, 12:44 pm, "J.O. Aho" <u...(a)example.net> wrote:
>> byaa...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>> I built a R61 kernel module and I am trying to load it. I get an
>>> error regarding versions of the symbol struct module.
>>> The kernel I am running must be slightly different from what I
>>> compiled the module against, but I do not want to stick with my
>>> existing running kernel. Is there any way I can force the loading of
>>> this driver as I know that there will not be any issues doing so?
>> Rebuild it against your kernel.
> I dont have the source for my kernel...

Then get it, without the proper source (with same patches) and configured with
the same options, you won't be able to build external modules.

If you never updated the kernel since you installed, then you find the source
on one of your install CDs, if you updated, then get it from the update reposit.

--

//Aho