From: Michael Harold on
Hi the List,

I hope that someone has had this problem and has found a fix for it.

I am at present running Ubuntu 9.10, as upgraded from 9.04, and tried to
print envelopes from OOo 3.10 Writer and found that it did not work.

To make sure that I was doing the 'right thing' I downloaded 'Getting
Started', the 'Writers Guide' and 'Printing Envelopes' from the OOo Wiki
- and found that I was stymied from the very beginning!

1. No Envelope in the display area. It remained a solid grey.

2. 'Address Data Source' is missing from the Wizards fly-out.
Ref. P342 Writers Guide: 'Registering a Data Source' is stopped right
there!

3. Unable to register an existing spreadsheet stopped the rest of the
settings.

I have noted all the extra packages for OOo in Synaptic Package Manager;
but I am a bit wary of down-loading the whole lot when maybe a couple of
them might do the mending. Question is - Which ones?

Having tried deleting an un-wanted programme, and had the hassles of
getting rid of hidden dependencies and links so that a 'clean'
re-installation can be made; I would prefer that option be avoided!

Hopefully,

MikeH

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org