From: Mike Scott on
Barbara Duprey wrote:
> Mike Scott wrote:
>> But it set me wondering - if he did try to subscribe, would the list
>> software cope with challenge-response?
>
> Bottom line: the subscription would probably fail, and the user either
> would never know why, or would have to deduce the problem, or
> investigate and find the above quote -- and determine the correct
> address to whitelist.

Thanks for the analysis.

I think it really reinforces my opinion that C/R systems are not good in
general and may silently break lots of things. Bit like SPF perhaps :-)
:-) Long gone time to ditch SMTP where the base problem lies and which
is well past its 'best before date'; but too many vested interests in
the status quo methinks. Which is well OT for this list; sorry!

--
Mike Scott mike <at> <removeme>.scottsonline.org.uk
Harlow Essex England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org