From: Mike Scott on
John Kaufmann wrote:
> In a message dated 2010.06.08 05:56 -0500, Marius Popa wrote:
>
>> How can I look for a text while I type in Writer to see if I have
>> written it
>> before?
>>
>> On 8 June 2010 12:45, Marius Popa <marius.marcus(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> May I look for a text while I type in Writer to see if I have written it
>>> before?
>
> At the risk of belaboring the obvious...
> Ctrl-F(ind), "More Options", tick "Backwards"
>
> Or did I miss your point?
> John

That's hard to be certain :-) I found myself wondering whether he meant
to search within the current document, within all open documents, or
anywhere on the disk (or in his desk drawer - the question was so vague).

Oh, and a reminder, please, to the OP to keep different topics in
separate threads, or at least to change the subject line!!!! This one's
meandered considerably. And "Question" isn't very helpful as a subject -
if you're needing help, please make life easier for those who just might
be prepared to provide that help! A good subject, a precise description
of the problem or what you're trying to do, and (usually) mention of
program versions and OS will all help.

--
Mike Scott mike <at> <removeme>.scottsonline.org.uk
Harlow Essex England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org