From: "Zak McKracken" on
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to prepare a review copy of something I'm working on for
someone else. He needs it on paper, and I'd like him to be able to see the
comments in my draft.
Now OOo offers me to print comments only, or put them at the end of each
page (which in my case creates a new page after every regular one with
nothing but comments and line numbers). Or at the end of the document,
which would in my case result in several pages of comments.

Is there a better way to do this? Some of my comments are directly
pointing at things, and even if I added line numbers to the printout you'd
have to look up the line number for each comment and go back and forth.
Does anyone here know a better way to do it? Converting comments to
footnotes?

I'd really like to see a printing mode where the page contents will shrink
a bit, and the incrased page margins are used to show the comments on the
same page as the text they're pointing at, similar to how they look in the
GUI. Maybe there's some pdf viewer that can do this? I tried Acrobat, KPDF
and Okular, but they don't seem to support printing comments at all.

Cheers,

Zak

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

Pages: 1
Prev: OOo
Next: printing with comments