From: Paul on
Every night I run a VBA procedure that executes a series of action queries
to import data from another database into the back end file of an Access
2003 database. While VBA is running the queries, I'm using using the
command Status ("text message") to display messages to inform the
administrator of the progress of the queries. However, I find that those
Status messages are competing for space with the built in "Running Query _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _" progress bar that Acces displays. And my Status messages are
only visible when the "Running Query" progress bar is not displayed. When
it appears, the Status messages are not visible.

Is there any way to rewrite the Status ("text message") to concatenate my
own messages with the built in progress bar?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

From: Steve Sanford limbim53 at yahoo dot on
If you started the VBA process from a button on a form, one option would be
to add a label to the form that is not visible until the button is clicked.
Then make the label visible and change the caption property to the message
you want. You can also control the background color / foreground (font)
colors.

Another option is to pop-up a form with a label or series of labels (to show
how far along the process you are) and close the form when the import is
complete.

HTH
--
Steve S